Refugees

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plumz

My only problem with the access restriction is that it ultimately still didn't work. If it actually managed to keep threads from getting deleted I would have loved it, but more often than not threads for many different girls would just go down within days of being created. Then everyone kept making new threads with goofy names. Then you'd try to find the new thread, but because The Pit is filled with hundreds of reposts you were always more likely to stumble into Pit threads instead of actual content threads in the locked part of the forum.

I think, at the end of the day, the only way to really do this sort of thing is to keep it decentralized. You can't file a takedown notice on a P2P file share.

It didn't work because the girls/white knights already were members/had accounts

Reactions: HarryTino
Comment

MuffyT

Vip
Aug 9, 2020
It didn't work because the girls/white knights already were members/had accounts
Exactly, but it wouldn't really work anyway because of how the vetting process works. You have to post content to get likes. Well, who would have immediate access to the most content? The girls themselves who make it and/or white knights who fork over tons of money to get that content. All it would take is one of them to share some stuff that nobody has seen yet, like the newest sets, and they would be showered in likes and immediately get access to the locked portions of the forums. Think of it from the girl's perspective. They find out there's a big forum and their stuff is shared. They don't have to read very far to understand their stuff is likely hidden. They don't have to read very far to understand how to gain access to that hidden stuff either. To them, sharing some of their newest stuff willingly would be an acceptable loss if it means getting on the inside and shutting down every thread made for them.

I just don't see the system being reliable in the long-term. Sooner or later there will be people who get enough reactions to infiltrate and report as many threads as they want. The system may slow it down, but it's like trying to stop the wind.

A forum is nice and convenient, but it doesn't matter where they are hosted. Technically speaking, most things on the Internet are not DMCA proof. MEGA isn't even hosted in the US, it's based out of New Zealand. Yet MEGAs get taken down every single day because they are reported. Forums can be reported because they are a single contained entity. MEGAs can be reported because they are a single contained entity. The only way to ensure stuff like this can survive is to keep things decentralized, ensure there is no single contained entity. No single point of contact.

There are certain places that have been around for years because they rely on decentralized web browsing. Everyone who uses it is connected to each other, sharing bits and pieces of the things they upload, even parts of the site itself, like a torrent. You can file a DMCA take down on a torrent host. You can file a DMCA take down on a forum that contains torrent files. But you can't file a DMCA take down on that connection itself. Once it's established, it's there until the people using it stop using it. The problem with this sort of thing is not very many people seem to know how to set things like this up to access these kinds of places. So a forum is the next best thing, solely for convenience.

I'm not trying to hate on this place btw, I'm just sharing my two cents on this subject. I will happily share content here for as long as this place exists. I just wish there was a way to keep a forum like this up and running indefinitely, and unfortunately there really isn't.

Reactions: Dogex and HarryTino
Comment
P

Plumz

Exactly, but it wouldn't really work anyway because of how the vetting process works. You have to post content to get likes. Well, who would have immediate access to the most content? The girls themselves who make it and/or white knights who fork over tons of money to get that content. All it would take is one of them to share some stuff that nobody has seen yet, like the newest sets, and they would be showered in likes and immediately get access to the locked portions of the forums. Think of it from the girl's perspective. They find out there's a big forum and their stuff is shared. They don't have to read very far to understand their stuff is likely hidden. They don't have to read very far to understand how to gain access to that hidden stuff either. To them, sharing some of their newest stuff willingly would be an acceptable loss if it means getting on the inside and shutting down every thread made for them.

I just don't see the system being reliable in the long-term. Sooner or later there will be people who get enough reactions to infiltrate and report as many threads as they want. The system may slow it down, but it's like trying to stop the wind.

A forum is nice and convenient, but it doesn't matter where they are hosted. Technically speaking, most things on the Internet are not DMCA proof. MEGA isn't even hosted in the US, it's based out of New Zealand. Yet MEGAs get taken down every single day because they are reported. Forums can be reported because they are a single contained entity. MEGAs can be reported because they are a single contained entity. The only way to ensure stuff like this can survive is to keep things decentralized, ensure there is no single contained entity. No single point of contact.

There are certain places that have been around for years because they rely on decentralized web browsing. Everyone who uses it is connected to each other, sharing bits and pieces of the things they upload, even parts of the site itself, like a torrent. You can file a DMCA take down on a torrent host. You can file a DMCA take down on a forum that contains torrent files. But you can't file a DMCA take down on that connection itself. Once it's established, it's there until the people using it stop using it. The problem with this sort of thing is not very many people seem to know how to set things like this up to access these kinds of places. So a forum is the next best thing, solely for convenience.

I'm not trying to hate on this place btw, I'm just sharing my two cents on this subject. I will happily share content here for as long as this place exists. I just wish there was a way to keep a forum like this up and running indefinitely, and unfortunately there really isn't.

More so regarding the last part, I don't think ruling powers care THAT much about it to put resources into tracking and distributing reconciliation for it nor does anyone really want to put in the effort period, unless its some serious white knight shit. Just bc some girl next door, who was secretly selling her nudes or whatever, gets "exposed"...Id like to think theres some semblance of logic but I could be proven wrong with this recent shit. Its like a MMA fighter bitching about being punched during a fight/training. I wish I was at the investors meeting for OF though lol mofos are rollllllllling in dough. It just blows my mind that the reality of this situation is that it comes from a place of shame and embarrassment not a true "adult content" worker trying to protect her income........at the end of the day she just comes off as a short-sighted dipshit who is too stupid to realize the reach and longevity of the internet

Comment
G

Gasto

The High Rollers section was a grab-bag. A lot of stuff that got removed was collected and posted in that section, such as JN and DS stuff. Because you needed a High Roller account to access it, that section was incredibly hard to get DMCA'd, since a High Roller would need to report it. We also had access to the Pit Graveyard, which had access to every thread ever made in The Pit, so we could access stuff that was posted in The Pit that got "deleted" after the 4 days.

Towards the end, it also had somebody collecting certain cosplays, like Rem from Re:Zero, and making a Master Post of every cosplayer that made a cosplay of that character.

It also had some low-end posts, such as people asking questions about what certain perks and communicating between High Rollers, such as maintaining The Pit.
I miss the HR section. I could post all the AG stuff i wanted without it being nuked by the white knights

Comment
P

Protest_The_Zero

This seems like the next best place, but I miss it too :(

Comment
Status
Not open for further replies.