Cosplayer Irina Meier

X

Xander756

Imagine being so entitled that you complain that someone isn't willing to work for free. This entire rant is the definition of a choosing beggar.

Look dude, I get wanting their pictures, and I get not wanting to pay for them for whatever reason -- as long as people are creating things on the internet, other people will find ways to get them for free. That's what we are all here for. I wish I could pay for their content, but alas I cannot, so I find myself here.

However, whining about girls who are working their asses off to create content that is more than just a bunch of blurred iPhone pictures of crappy, rushed, cardboard-level costumes that you'd see at any convention, or perhaps ONE or TWO super detailed costumes that took 6 months to make each over nights and weekends, and then nothing more of value for the whole year, because they have to pay their fucking bills and posting three new professionally shot photo sets in great locations or studios each month requires a lot of time, money, and effort (even if some are just lingerie or bikini shots), and therefore are protective of their content and don't want people to just freely share them and deprive them of their income... THAT is peak Karen.

All this crap about people making cosplay "for the love of cosplaying" without getting paid is pure, distilled, industrial-level bullshit. First show us you are willing to do YOUR job, whatever that may be, and deliver the same amount and quality output as any of these cosplayers do every month, but without getting paid a cent for your sweat, then get back up on your soapbox about cosplay becoming a business.

Spoiler: I'm not going to name it but I run a highly trafficked cosplay website. I have talked to, covered, interviewed, wrote about, etc literally hundreds of cosplayers over the last decade.

They don't work their asses off.

It's one of the easiest paypig arenas that has ever existed which is WHY cosplay got completely co-opted in this way when it used to be about people who loved a certain game, loved a certain anime, show, movie, or even just loved the hobby itself wanting to express their love. Now it's a "business" because it was so easy to take advantage of the paypigs.

If Jessica Nigri had done chaturbate she wouldn't be a fraction as famous or as rich as she is as a "cosplayer."

Let that sink in.

6 Comments
commented
Sorry, but that is terribly disingenuous. I don't have your credentials (I'm going to assume you are being honest about them, though I have no real reason to, people claim to be whatever they want without evidence) of someone working with cosplayers, but I have worked with models for a long time (see, I can do it too), and that's just not how any of this works. I believe what you mean is that girls like Irina or Jessica Nigri are not making costumes themselves, they are just modelling them... therefore they don't work hard. If that is what you mean, that is a ridiculous assertion.

First... costumes are being made. Someone makes them, and that takes a lot of time and money. That person is part of their team, and that person also deserves to be be paid. Just because Irina or Jessica are not (necessarily -- I don't know their costume-making process) sitting in front of a sewing machine doesn't mean the work comes for free. Beyond that, sets and props are often being made, studios are being paid for, equipment is bought or rented, trips to locations are done, photographers, makeup artists, and many others are being hired, etc etc etc. All of that costs money, and to get to the quality and update frequency that these girls achieve, this has to be done with people that do this for a living. Look at their picture sets, look at the quality of their photos, these are not hobbists working around their "real work" schedule, this is their work. Money sent to the models goes to pay for all of this.

Second... have you ever done a professional photo shoot yourself? I have, though not in front of the camera, I'm butt ugly (you can take my word on that). You look at Irina's usual set of 10-20 pictures and think this was just a few minutes to take? Photo shoots take HOURS, and they take HUNDREDS of pictures to arrive at those final choices. These are hours with a model hanging around in uncomfortable clothes, standing in uncomfortable positions, until they get enough decent shots that they can pick one good one. Photo shoots are exausting, and maybe it doesn't fit your concept of "hard work", but don't tell me it's not work.

Third... do you think these girls just stay at home eating pizza and watching Netflix all week, go somewhere to take half a dozen pictures over the weekend, and then go back home to catch one more episode of Mandalorian, just to cash a check at the end of the month? Look at their bodies, it takes work to look like that, just so you can stare at their pictures and think "she's so hot, she must have great genes". No dude, she has a great gym.

Look, I'm not saying you are wrong to say that cosplaying has been co-opted by girls that just use it as a way to be a model in a lucrative but still niche market, and they don't truly fit in with the "real cosplayers" that make costumes themselves because they love the subject matter. But to claim that they "don't work their asses off" is honestly just plain silly. Maybe you are right, and these girls are just doing this for the paycheck, not the love of cosplaying. But that doesn't make them lazy, it just makes them professionals instead of hobbists. It makes them like everybody else, including you and me.

T
torgo228 commented
lol I don’t know why this dude is lying but this is complete bullshit

commented

Yes actually that IS what they do. In addition to running my site, I also worked as staff at one of the largest modeling sites on the internet for 8 years so I know what goes into being a professional model, being a cosplayer, etc. They are milking the paypigs because it's one of the easiest gigs on the planet. Not because they are just oh so geeky!

commented
Lol... now I know you're full of it.

commented
Like, honestly... who gives a shit WHY they do it? Are you here to find a girlfriend who you can relate because you both play the same videogames, or to look at pretty girls in tight (or little to no) clothes? The fact you are so easy to dismiss the effort these girls put into constantly putting out sexy photo sets just because you think they are not "real geeks" is more than enough proof that all your "resume talk" is BS, because if you think modelling is easy, you clearly never met a model in your life.

commented
hkennereth, stop writing walls of text, thx

X

Xander756

Like, honestly... who gives a shit WHY they do it? Are you here to find a girlfriend who you can relate because you both play the same videogames, or to look at pretty girls in tight (or little to no) clothes? The fact you are so easy to dismiss the effort these girls put into constantly putting out sexy photo sets just because you think they are not "real geeks" is more than enough proof that all your "resume talk" is BS, because if you think modelling is easy, you clearly never met a model in your life.

I'm married. lol.

White knight confirmed here, folks.

1 Comment
commented
White knight confirmed here, folks.

That is indeed the type of response I'd expect from someone who thinks "I swear I worked with girls before" counts as argument.

X

Xander756

1 Comment
SUBBI3
SUBBI3 commented
dude no one really gives a flying fk who works harder and who does less work. youre getting your moneys worth for what you pay. i,e IF you fkng pay at all and just troll around here...

and youre talking abt irina not working her ass off? puta shes a russian and one of the most difficult cosplays she did was with a trained and guarded bear for her tomb raider cosplay. tell that to any of the other mothafkng cosplayers to act and work hard like her for such a cosplay, and you can come back and scream your ass off again.

go mouth off your depression on some other forums where ppl like you really give a fk whos doing what. irina is a world class cosplayer. some of the best cosplays shes done. tbh i dont know what are you crying on abt. if her team doesnt have a problem with her cosplaying tactics . whats it to you? XD

Glarka

Lewd God
Apr 12, 2020
irine_meier_198489265_534386687974133_4159285214029705408_n.jpg

Comment
A

ahm107

1 Comment
commented
question was just asked, no one replied because no one has it or wont share it, so please let us stop spamming the thread, mooods please where are you?