Barrier of Entry

StanHelsing

Lewd God
Apr 15, 2020
Maybe new members should be required to post fresh content 2 or 3 times before gaining entry.

Comment

hereforalongtime

High Roller
Aug 6, 2020
Maybe new members should be required to post fresh content 2 or 3 times before gaining entry.

So exactly like The Pit, except now instead of having to post and get 1 Like, you want them to post "fresh content"?

What exactly would qualify as "fresh" though? On the previous forums, we ran into problems every hour of people reposting content they found in The Pit. Personally, I couldn't tell you how many times I searched a MEGA link and found the same thing posted that same day by somebody else. Not everybody cared though, and it became, "I saw this person post it first, so they got a Like, despite them posting it after that person".

Who would judge who was allowed in? VIP? Mods? Mods are busy running things. VIPs, sure, but you run into the same issue as before with the High Rollers. When The Pit first started, you needed to post 5 photos, or at least 2 minutes of video. Towards the end, it was up to 8 photos, or at least 10 minutes. People got greedy, and then it just exploded.

Let's face it. Depending on how things go for the other forum, this place'll probably be shut down sooner or later, so why bother barring entry?

Comment

StanHelsing

Lewd God
Apr 15, 2020
So exactly like The Pit, except now instead of having to post and get 1 Like, you want them to post "fresh content"?

What exactly would qualify as "fresh" though? On the previous forums, we ran into problems every hour of people reposting content they found in The Pit. Personally, I couldn't tell you how many times I searched a MEGA link and found the same thing posted that same day by somebody else. Not everybody cared though, and it became, "I saw this person post it first, so they got a Like, despite them posting it after that person".

Who would judge who was allowed in? VIP? Mods? Mods are busy running things. VIPs, sure, but you run into the same issue as before with the High Rollers. When The Pit first started, you needed to post 5 photos, or at least 2 minutes of video. Towards the end, it was up to 8 photos, or at least 10 minutes. People got greedy, and then it just exploded.

Let's face it. Depending on how things go for the other forum, this place'll probably be shut down sooner or later, so why bother barring entry?
I don't know man, no idea is perfect. All I'm saying is places like this should be about sharing content and whoever doesn't share or contribute shouldn't be here. But yeah it's probably just a matter of time.

Last edited:
Comment