Torrents vs image hosting

Metus

Aug 23, 2020
I was just wondering, given the myriad of thots and their white simp knights that are raiding all of the sites and firing takedown notices like if there was no tomorrow, would't it be safer and easier in the long run just to share content using torrents instead of relying in centralized hosts?

That's the one I know, but maybe other p2p like the recently resuscitated emule (e2k / kad network) would make thread / shared files deletion a thing that cannot be done anymore.

Dyslexika

High Roller
Apr 4, 2020
From what I can understand, they can still issue a DMCA on the link / magnet / torrent file itself; so they still 'remove' the ability to download the data which would mean there would have to be new links created each time they are taken down - new links for torrents would mean you would need a new magnet / torrent file each time (maybe, not sure actually - need more information)

Again, from only watching things happen, a DMCA will takedown a thread or the content inside the thread
If a model wants a Mega Link killed, they can kill it where it's being shared (here, remove the link), or they can go to the host itself and ask for the hosted content be killed.

I've not seen too many torrents up and available, only because; and this is only a personal observation and not trying to sound like a dick, but most people on the forums are leaches and don't provide content to share. With torrents requiring seeding in order to share, I can only predict that seeds will only last a few hours before the torrents are hit'n'run and the host removes the seed and we go back to dumping content on a host somewhere else where we can just set a link and forget it.

A side note about content being removed and taken down, I've heard that 'whiteknights' are flagging material as 'extreme' and implying that the sexual content is underage in order to circumvent the DMCA process by having content taken down automatically, basically after a few reports the content is auto-purged via bot.

With regards to e2k and kad network, they sound like honeypots setup to catch people.

I could be 100% wrong tho, I've only ever watched and not really participated in conversations.

Reactions: Metus and psnone
Comment

Dyslexika

High Roller
Apr 4, 2020
p2p is not safe easy to create honeypots..regular user has no idea how to protect his identity
also, depending on your ISP and your country, your ISP might gladly hand over your personal billing details to avoid legal action against themselves

my countries main ISP does this willingly.

Reactions: psnone
Comment